It's true to say 2017 was a bumper year for WBRC yet again and all the signs are that 2018 will be very much the same. The diary is packed already with LOTS of exciting clinics and competitions but... don't forget that if you want to join us at anything from today, you need to have renewed your membership. It's a bargain at just £25 for the year (prices held from 2017) and is super quick and easy to do using WebCollect. If you have not paid your membership online before, you will need to select join rather than renew.
Here are just a few important bits for this month's update. Keep up to date by joining our facebook page and all clinics/training/events/competitions can be signed up for via WebCollect. You will find the full calendar of events here too... below is just a snap shot!
Please also note that as we start the New Year there are a couple of changes to the hat and body protector regulations (see downloads below) - please check these carefully to make sure you are "legal". You will be checked at all BRC competitions and we strongly advise that you are correctly equipped for all WBRC activities.
Bruce is an International Event Rider, having competed up to 4*. He will be running show jump lessons on surface (Binfield), for all levels. Private, semi-private and groups available. Bookings and more detail on WebCollect. Only a few spaces left.
Fun clear round SJ Clinic - Sun 14th Jan 2018
* New date, postponed from 31st December - few spaces now available.
With Lisa Oram, BHS Accredited Professional Coach at Brooklands, Eversley.
Rosettes and free hot refreshments for riders and supporters. Instructed warm up, instructed ride round course and then two chances to jump clear rounds. On fabulous new huge outdoors school, or if weather poor, indoors. £25 bookings and more details on WebCollect.
AGM evening with Jonty Evans - 20 January 2018
Birdshill Golf Club, Drift Road, Maidenhead £15.00 pp includes a two-course buffet meal. Presentation of prizes and talk with Jonty Evans, Olympic event rider. Book on WebCollect now! Contact Leanne for further info.
Warren Lamperd SJ Clinic - 27th January and 24th February
Warren Lamperd is an BEF UKCC Level IV qualification through British Showjumping and has competed 4* eventing. Show jump lessons on surface (Binfield), for all levels, for groups, semi privates and privates. Bookings and more detail on WebCollect.
Flatwork with biomechanics clinic - Saturday 27th Jan 2018
With Lisa Oram, BHS Accredited Professional Coach, indoors at Pilcot Farm on great surface.
Biomechanics position correction to allow horses to work more correctly and straight. Fixes for riders that are crooked or not in perfect balance or struggle to organise their body. Based on Mary Wanless/Ride With Your Mind techniques.
Find out how a few fixes and help to understand cause of problems can make a huge difference in one session. Video feedback. More dates coming soon. Private or pairs sessions. Lunchtime/pm times. Bookings on WebCollect.
XC schooling at Tweseldown - Saturday 3rd Feb 2018
With Lisa Oram, BHS Accredited Professional Coach.
Chance to school over flagged Eventer's Challenge course (80/90/100) and other fences from 75cm upwards. Groups of 4, £20 plus hire fee on day. More details and bookings on WebCollect.
Winter show jumping qualifiers - Saturday 3rd March 2018
Area 6 Winter SJ qualifier at BCA on surface. Novice 80/85, Intermediate 90/95, 100/105, 110/115 classes, juniors/seniors.
Entries by 2nd Feb on WebCollect please. Club pay your prelim entry and then entry is final entry fee. Please ensure membership is done before 2nd February to be eligible and that latest flu vax boosters have been sent to Karen Woolnough.
Eligibility and more details on WebCollect. There are several SJ shows at BCA before this if anyone would like a practice.
Checklist for competing at area qualifiers
If you are thinking of competing for WBRC this year in any of the area qualifiers then below are few points you need to be aware of. Any queries can be answered by team managers or you can look at the BRC handbook online for all the rules. We hope to enter everyone that wants to have a go.
- New aqua hat tags needed for 2018 (see download above)
- 2000 label body protectors no longer acceptable - must be 2009 (see download above)
- Eligibility of horses and riders - table in handbook and attached to entry section on WebCollect
- 2018 membership must be paid before close of prelim entry
- Prelim entries close three weeks before competition but team managers will need you to have done your entry on WebCollect at least a month before qualifiers to allow us time to put together our prelim entry to HQ. We cannot enter you until entry is paid, but if you have to withdraw before prelim entry then a refund is available, after prelim entry date refunds only available if we can fill space.
- Horse's flu vax records must be correct. Need to show initial course of jabs and then annual boosters always within a year. Our flu vax pre-check database is held by Karen Woolnough and if your horse has not been registered previously on here then Karen will need scan or photo of pages showing horse's passport name, passport number and all flu vax. If your horse has been previously registered and checked with Karen then please remember to send photo of page showing annual booster as soon as this is done. Each line must be both signed and stamped by vet.
- Please let team managers know if you are not likely to be available for championship if lucky enough to qualify. We will still enter those that are not committed to championship dates as area organisers need the entries.